Saturday, August 16, 2014

Day 18: Flying Home

Today we woke up at 5, got ready, and left the SDA guesthouse by 6 AM. We took the Caldecott MRT to the airport, with only a couple of transfers. It was so convenient! We got to the airport and checked in before saying goodbye to Jordan, who was headed to Hong Kong for an extra leg to his trip. 

We went through immigration quite well, and found a giant shopping mall on the other side. It was very tempting to stop at the mall to get some tea, but we kept walking by all the shops and cafes because we hadn't yet found the security checkpoint. Jenna and I stuck together, and made it through to the boarding gate area. There was a tiny cafe on the other side of security, but that was it. Luckily, I was able to get some tea. (YAY, CAFFEINE!) I think the Singapore Airport is missing a great business opportunity by having so little to do once you are past the security screening. If they had put security right after immigration, then the whole mall would be accessible for travelers who are waiting for their flights. 


We got some free Internet, and I was able to call home. I can't wait to see everybody, and sleep in my own bed! It seems like an eternity ago that we were in Singapore, but I have only slept for about two hours since we started traveling "yesterday." It seems we have begun what will be 48 hours of "Friday" because of the direction we are traveling. 

We stopped for a brief layover in Tokyo, and I got more tea, edemame, and banana chips. That's been holding me over quite well, plus the airplane food is amazing on Singapore Airlines. 

We are about two hours out of LAX, where I will be catching a flight on Southwest to Sacramento. Watch out, California, here I come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment